It’s official, here in the home stretch of Season 3, Lost is sailing full speed ahead, firing on all cylinders. The last few episodes have been action-packed, puzzling, enlightening, funny and full on awesome - all the stuff that made us fall in love with the show in the first place. I thought last night was one of the best episodes of the season, grabbing us by our throats (literally) from the very beginning, and keeping us on the edge of our seats for the next hour, desperately hoping that our man Charlie is going to pull through. Here are a few of my random thoughts - leave your own in the comments!
* Hurley convinces everyone to go camping, but why would they want to do that? Aren’t they camping all the time?
* There was something hilarious about Jin’s ghost story, but I’m not really sure what it is.
* I had no idea that Power Rangers could parachute out of helicopters.
* Sawyer is seriously one of the funniest characters on television. I can’t decide which made me laugh harder: calling The Others “perverts”, or smart-assedly asking Jack and Juliet who their favorite Other was. Priceless.
* For real, Sawyer - if Kate wants to have angry “Jack won’t pay attention to me” sex with you, shut the f*ck up already.
* Ok, seriously you guys - what the f*ck ever happened to Michael and Walt!?!
* The Satellite phone poses some interesting questions, the most pressing of which is how the show’s producers could have passed on such a rare and attractive product placement opportunity. Imagine how much cash they could have gotten if Hurley was like, “Hey you guys, it’s a satellite phone, and it’s part of the Cingular’s comprehensive calling network, which means that even though we’re on this remote magical island in some other dimension, we’ve still got full bars!”